You can check which Westminster Parliament constituency you live in by going to: http://www.upmystreet.com/commons/l/
The Edinburgh West constituency is divided into Council wards and includes:
- Cramond, Kirkliston (including Dalmeny and Ratho),
- Davidson's Mains,
- East Craigs,
- Muirhouse/Drylaw (part),
- North East Corstorphine,
- South East Corstorphine,
- South Queensferry,
- Murrayfield, and
- It is mainly a suburban residential constituency, with a large proportion of owner-occupied houses.
- Cramond, The Gyle Shopping Centre, Edinburgh Zoo, Royal Highland Showground, Ingliston Market, Queen Margaret University College, RBS Gogarburn, Murrayfield Stadium and Edinburgh Airport all contribute to the constituency's place of importance within Edinburgh.
- The economy of the constituency is dominated by the service industry and the area supports approximately 1050 businesses.
- The west of the city has witnessed a major expansion in recent years with new housing and offices, including a major business park at South Gyle (Edinburgh Park) where many blue chip companies have relocated their corporate headquarters.
- The Gyle Shopping Centre - housing 70 businesses and shops - and increases in traffic levels have made transport a definite issue on this side of the city.
- The Airport and Forth Rail Bridge mean that a large proportion of access to Edinburgh is conducted through the constituency.
- The building of a new Oaklands school on Ferry Road for special needs children. For more information on the school, call 0131 467 7867
- The constituency is paradoxical in terms of the varying needs of its wards – from Muirhouse to Murrayfield.
- The electorate is currently 66,261.